Spiritual Protection and Spiritual Security
I know many of us were taught to memorize some Psalms when growing up, most especially Psalms 91, 27, etc. We call them Psalms of protection. I have heard the general overseer of a megachurch in Lagos saying "Don't leave home and never go to bed without first reading psalm 91".
But now we know better. Reading Psalms does not really guarantee our protection from all the evil and wickedness going on in the world.
“We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.”
— 1 John 5:18 (KJV)
The verse above says if you don't want the wicked to touch you, you should keep yourself and sin not.
“The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.”
— Psalms 34:7 (KJV)
This next verse says, if you fear the Lord, his angels will protect and deliver you.
“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
— James 4:7 (KJV)
Another verse is saying you should submit to God and resist the devil then he will flee from you.
Many people know how to protect themselves. Some know how to protect their spirits. A very few knows how to protect their souls, which is the hardest and most important part.
Everything the devil does against humankind is targeted at their souls. It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor, high or low, educated or not, all he needs is your soul. Some asked the devil for wealth and blessings, fame, etc., He asked for their souls in return or exchange.
Psalms 91:5-6 (KJV)
"Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday."
Day and night, our enemies do not sleep nor rest. We coexist and cohabit with these spirits and there is no running or escaping them than to live holy and/or fight. When these enemies possess individuals, the same individuals now becomes witches, wizards, occultists, enchanters, charmers, idolaters, etc. But first and foremost, our enemies are demons and Satan.
On TV, the devil is there. If your house hasn't been sanctified by the Lord, the devil is there. On the streets, they are there. In the rivers and seas, they are present. They also attach to so many things that we use.
There are about 44 categories of spirits alone that are sent to promote fornication, adultery, and immorality among people. These things don't just happen, they are programmed and clandestinely operated and executed from the kingdom of darkness. These spirits work hard, harder than the average hardworking person.
People do ask, 'can a Christian be possessed by a demon?'
The answer is 'No' if the Christian keeps himself and obeys the Lord.
The first thing that can protect you from spiritual attacks and assaults is the Holy Spirit. Only the Holy Spirit can guide properly and protect you from all the wiles and traps and enticements of the devil. The devil or demons cannot just put you in bondage. They use something as a bait to lead or lure you into bondage. Only the Holy Spirit can expose all these baits and devices of the devil so they don't take you or trap you. How would you know the food that you are being offered to eat is a sacrifice to some deity for another person to prosper? The Holy Spirit can reveal that. He will reveal the plans and activities of the enemies to you. He will also protect you from all powers of the enemy and all arrows of the enemy.
Satan and evil spirits can do whatever it takes to get inside or possess an individual just so that they can invite more powerful demons inside them and use such individuals against another, hiding the identity of the real culprits - demons. Once demons are inside a person, the person cannot be protected against external demonic attacks and harrassments except the demons inside are first removed and their doorways closed. Or they will keep opening doors and paths for other demons to attack and come in.
KEYS TO ROUND-THE-CLOCK SPIRITUAL PROTECTION
1. Obey the laws of the Lord.
2. Genuine repentance and salvation
3. Receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit
4. Do not eat what hasn't been sanctified by prayer.
5. Stay away from idols and any satanic product; charms.
6. Do not play or pray around graves, in cemeteries or burial sites or tombs: those places are filled with familiar spirits and unkind demons left by the dead. Demons don't go with their hosts into the afterlife, they remain where their body lays and familiar spirits are the most active among them. Do not bury the dead at home and if you live where someone is buried, move out.
7. Don't joke with prayers, especially morning prayers and prayers before going to bed.
8. Follow peace with all men. The less physical enemies you have, the less battles you fight.
9. Do not trust anyone. I can't emphasize this enough. The Lord will make you understand.
10. Be a giver. The Lord loves a cheerful giver. If the Lord loves you, he will protect you.
11. It is not everything you watch on TV. Most of those programs are satanic. Only watch what is sane and clean on TV. In fact, television is a dangerous place for children nowadays. There are spirits of rebellion and lusts that are transmitted to children through some TV shows and programs, and the internet.
12. The word of God increases your spiritual strength and burns as fire in your spirit. It makes you stronger than your enemies and helps you to resist the enemy. Read day and night.
13. Know where you should go or be and where you shouldn't be found as a believer. Don't go where Jesus won't go.
14. Know the type of people you sit with, eat with or move with. Don't move with people that can hurt or harm you. Even those who say they are Christians.
15. Finally, be strong in the Lord (Read Ephesians 6:10-18).